1. Focus on the merits of each comment, not the commenter.
2. If you question someone’s good faith, do so respectfully.
3. No foul or offensive language, harassment or undue verbosity.
4. Check your sources (and links) and avoid extended quotation.
5. Provide examples where it helps to make your point.
6. Minimise any straying from the topic of the article.
7. Be prudent with your own and others’ personal info.
8. Use short and simple sentences and paragraphs for readability.
9. Attribute sources where possible and respect intellectual property.
10. Imagine saying, in a public forum, what you write. Would it hinder your cause by coming across as little more than an angry rant? If so, take a deep breath and tone it down or take a different approach.