I know the weather is starting to warm up in half the world, but here in Boston it’s getting cold. This fall I’m loving so many of the trends. The stores are chalked full of great items, any one of which I could see adding to my closet. And as great as a fall fashion-inspired shopping trip would be, I don’t have that kind of cash. I need to be selective about my purchases – which got me thinking: if I could only buy 5 new items this fall which ones would it be?
The 5 Items to Buy This Fall to Update Your Wardrobe
1. Scarf – in animal print or polka dots. I’m a huge scarf fan and these little ditties can be matched up with any outfit you’re trying to work. They add a great little extra to any look. Sign me up for this infinity leopard-print scarf or this great snake-print wrap.
2. Pencil Skirt. This feminine piece is so refreshing and classic. Talk about old-school style – this is the epitome of it. Plus they come in a wide variety of colors and patterns: black, animal, red, and plaid.
3. Colored Jeans. Tuck them into tall boots, wear them with flats, layer them under tunics or long vests… however you wear them it’s going to be great and a style you can go back to over and over again. I’m loving these adorable cobalt blue jeans, pink jeans, teal jeans and green jeans.
4. Laced-up Boots. Every season you’re going to need to get a new pair, might as well make this pair a fun laced-up version of the knee-highs. Light brown booties, gray flats, and these adorable high-heeled knee-high boots.
5. Anything Gem Toned. A dress, a top, a coat… anything in the gem tone that is perfect for your skin tone and hair color. I’m going with the sapphire blue gem tones. This lovely party dress is perfect for holiday parties.